Wednesday 9 April 2008

He Said,,, I Said...

My phone rang, and although I was very busy at the time, but a 20 years old friendship entitles him a phone call with me even if I was busy...
I said: "hello,, long time, how have you been?"
He Said:" I am fine,, listen I have to tell you something, otherwise I might explode!!"
I said:" go ahead, you know you can tell me anything.."
He said:" it is something that has to stay between the two of us.."
I said:" sure thing"..
He said:" I am so much in love, I have never felt so happy in my life. When I am with her, I feel that I am flying, time with her has no meaning, we laugh for hours, and we can cry for even longer hours... "
All the time I was shocked and listening,, I have known him forever, and I have never heard him talk like that....
He continues with all the enthusiasm in the world.." the other day we spent the whole night together,, we talked non stop, we laughed, we ate and drank, we listened to music, and at the break of dawn we just hugged,, nothing more happened and nothing more will happen. The elation and happiness I felt after that night are worth a thousand and one nights of love making. Being with her is all that I want,, she is my best friend, she is the love of my life, and she is my soul.."
I said:" this is the first time since forever I feel that you finally know what love is,, congrats my dearest friend, you are head over heal in love.."
He said:" I know and all I want to do is see her happy.."
I said:" well this is too good to be true and you know it,,, what about your Wife..."
He Said:" I am not hurting her a bit,, BUT what I my love gives me, my wife failed to give me in a thousand years.. she pampers me like a doll, she laughs all the time, she does her best to make me happy..... She is everything my wife isn't!!"

I was not so shocked that he would fall in love finally,, only very few people are as lucky as to touch the feeling of true love.... But I really am so worried about him.. this lovely girl will eventually marry at a certain point,, and he will have to wake up,, not to the smell of coffee and the feeling of sunshine, but the smell of the perfume of another man steeling the love of his life on a white horse,,, on that day, he will call me, and be drunk, devastated, and crying...

I asked him not to hurt his wife at all,, it is not her fault that she is not the love of his life,, since we all marry usually for the wrong reasons..

I sat and thought of his wife,,, is she the victim here, or is she the criminal?? He said that she does not give him the care and fun that his love does...
Are soulmates are just meant to be,, star crossed lovers are meant to meet whatever their circumstances are??
I know that every human heart is meant to fall in love at least once, in search of the ultimate truth, the ultimate power, that is true love... but not many people are lucky enough to find it,,, most of them get lost on the way and take the detour that would leave them on the way of Marriage,,, and when you get there, there isn't really so much to do with the matter of soul mates,,,

Well long story put short.. A friend of mine is so much in love with another woman.. He is happy, she is happy, and in the meanwhile he is being a good husband, and a lovely father,,,, Can we consider this equation a precise one?? Can we call this picture" Picture Perfect"???

5 comments:

Beatrice V said...

Life is complex, there are no black and white solutions. There are many kinds of "love"; there are ethical and moral duties towards others. There is the duty to onelself, to fully live and experience love. Only when we truly do, we are more able to emphatize and feel others' pain too. Maybe our heart grows bigger, has a greater capacity to fulfill those other obligations towards others with more compassion. I hope your friend is wise and compassionate, I hope his wife is confident in who she is and generous, and I hope his lover truly loves him too.
www.owlnights.blogspot.com

jyotsana said...

life is astrange...we fallin love...we fall out of love...and we go on searching for more love elsewhere....the quest may never end...coz it is the Ultimate we r looking for maybe in wrong places....but what to do...unless we find the truest of gems...the Truth...we we go on comprising with stones that glitter...breaking our own hearts over n over again...you have said the whole thing so beautifully...the man ...the girl....the wife....the perspectives are all entwined.

jyotsana said...

dear you where are you? are you fine? maybe you are too busy.

jyotsana said...

hi tigress much affection. everythings fine?

jyotsana said...

i wish that you could just come back to tell us that you are fine. waiting for your post.